Rare edition with 17 original lithographs with signed assignment of this French court painter
|Edition:||E.A. (Artist's Proof)|
|Condition:||In good condition|
|Title of artwork:||Divers Essais Lithographiques|
Jean-Baptiste Isabey - Divers Essais Lithographiques de J. B. Isabey, publiés à Paris en 1818 par G. Engelmann. cardboard band - 35 x 25 cm.
With a hand-written assignment by Isabey: "À Le Gros de la part de son Maitre et Ami Isabey" (Le Gros was a pupil of Isabey).
In good condition. Edges of the book binding were scraped. Some lithographs are slightly rusty.
Shipping by registered and insured post.
Contains 17 lithographs, one-sided lithograph on heavy paper by G. Engelmann.
Twelve of them have Isabey's individual embossed stamp with initials J.I.
Three lithographs, signed in the stone
Jean-Baptiste Isabey (Nancy, 11 April 1767 - Paris, 18 April 1855) was a French portrait artist and miniaturist. He is also called "Le peintre des rois". He was one of the masters of the genre of miniatures and had great success in the time of Napoleon I and on the Congress of Vienna in 1814/1815.
Joséphine de Beauharnais and Napoleon Bonaparte were his next patrons. Louis Philippe was his next patron. Napoleon III made him a Commander of the Légion d'Honneur. (Source: Wikipedia)
He also experimented as one of the first French artists with lithography. This series of lithographs is one of his earliest examples (see Benezit V, p. 730).
|Member since:||February 3, 2009|
Please note: some elements on this page have been translated automatically.Boeken waren niet in goede staat of zoals omschreven. Plakband, ingeschreven, omslagen miste.Please note: some elements on this page have been translated automatically.Volgens mij had ik alle gebreken wel degelijk beschreven, zie nrs. 1, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16 in de beschrijving hieronder gekopieerd.
1. Een vriend is iemand die om je geeft - 1958 eerste druk - enkele roestvlekjes
2. Kind zijn is alles ontdekken - 1967 - eerste druk
3. Liefde is een heel speciaal gevoel - 2e druk
4. Een boek van goede tijding - 1978 - 2e druk
5. Hou je van iemand? - 1977 - 2e druk
6. lente is een nieuw begin - 1967 - eerste druk - hoekje uit schutblad
7. Wees altijd... - ABC boek - 1978 - 2e druk
8. Een handjevol gezegden - 1977 - 2e druk - opdracht op schutblad
9. Welke kleur heeft de liefde? - 1981 - 3e druk
10. Een heel jaar rond - 1978 - 2e druk
Bovenstaande boekjes zijn alle van formaat 17x11cm, hardcover en in zeer goede staat, tenzij anders aangegeven.
11. A year is round - 1967 - 1st U.K. edition - dustjacket strengthened with tape
12. A cup of sun; a book of poems - 1968 - 1st U.K. edition - name on front endpaper; inscription on dedication page
13. Look out of the window - 1974 - 5th U.K. impression - dustjacket slightly damaged
14. Spring is a new beginning - 1974 - 5th U.K. impression
15. Love is a special way of feeling - 1967 - reprint - light damage to dustjacket
16. Childhood is a time of innocence - 1965 - reprint - dustjacket lightly rubbed; inscription on front endpaper
17. Christmas is a time of giving - 1974 - 6th U.K. impression
18. What colour is love? - 1975 - 6th U.K. impression
19. A friend is someone who likes you - 1964 - reprint
The above english versions are all hardcover with dustjacket, 17x11cm (except nbr 11 = 14x11 and nbr 12 = 19x11 and nbr 13 = 20x11).
In very good condition, unless stated otherwise.
Met vriendelijke groet,
The lot not received yet although it was paid since April 2017Please note: some elements on this page have been translated automatically.You had indicated that you would collect the books yourself. Afterwards you asked for them to be shipped and to pay the sipping cost separately. I sent you mails with shipping cost and bank account number to pay into. You never paid the shipping cost. I offered to return the cost of the books to you and asked for your bank account number. You did not reply to this. In good faith I again offer to return to you the cost of the books if you mail me your bank account details. The other option is that I send you the books and you pay me the shipping costs.
Please mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know how we can solve this.
Fantastic box, well packed
Please note: some elements on this page have been translated automatically.Perfecte transactie. Mooi boek en snelle afhandeling. Bedankt !!!
Please note: some elements on this page have been translated automatically.Zeer snelle verzending en het boek was goed verpakt.
Shipping costs are for mainland destinations only.
|United Kingdom||$ 23.48|
|United States||$ 35.23|
|Rest of Europe||$ 23.48|
|Rest of the World||$ 35.23|
The seller will ship the item(s) within 3 working days after receiving confirmation of payment. Some sellers may offer the possibility of picking up items by arrangement.
Save shipping costs
You can pick up this lot from the seller: Zutphen (Gelderland), Netherlands.