1680, Valladolid, Spain
|Age:||Second half 17th century|
|Condition:||Overall in good condition with traces of ageing|
Pair of Solomonic columns in walnut wood, belonging to the hermitage of San Fernando of Vallaolid Cathedral.
This chapel was completed in 1680 and organized by 4 columns in the altarpiece, work by Pedro de Cea, which finally failed to be used.
During the period 1960-1965 it was decided to put an end to the unfinished project of the architect Herrera, being restored the chapels of the old Collegiate Church, again irrespective of these columns along with other architectural elements.
These columns were bought at the antiques shop of Moreton (Valladolid-España) in the early 60's.
Their measurements are 162 cm tall and 24 cm in diameter.
The price mentioned is for the batch of the two columns.
The seller prefers the lot to be picked up
The seller prefers the lot to be picked up from Madrid (Spain). Shipping is possible by arrangement only. Costs of shipping are at the buyer's expense.