Second half 20th century, wood and brass, in good condition.
The Eyema Byeri guards the ancestral relics at the Fang tribe from Gabon and southern Cameroon. The statues are taken to communicate with the ancestors when important decisions are made and in the initiation rite of the young tribe members.
This is a special statue. The statue was decorated with brass plates, nails and rings on wood with dark patina.
- Large concave head with brass head cap, eyes and cheekbones. Around eyes and chin: nails. Each nail was casted separately. The cowrie shell on the forehead symbolizes wealth.
- The hair was stowed in a neck cap.
- Brass neck strap
- Back of the head and the back with vertical carved groove.
- Short torso with muscular arms and hands clasped together in a balance between physical strength and devout tranquility.
- The large abdomen is protected by brass. The bulging navel symbolizes both new birth and rebirth of ancestors.
- The mount in the back ensures a sitting position of the legs.
- Brass ring around both ankles.
Material: Wood - Brass - cowrie shell.
Height: 590 mm
Weight: 1.600 gr.
Will be carefully shipped with track and trace.
|Member since:||October 9, 2009|
Pleased with my purchase, thank you!
Please note: some elements on this page have been translated automatically.les oreilles ne son pas original
Please note: some elements on this page have been translated automatically.Zeer goede kwaliteit boeken. Bezorgdienst maakte fout. Verkoper heeft alles gedaan om fout te herstellen en heeft alles zeer goed opgelost. Zeer goede service en kwaliteit. Perfect.
The seller will ship the item(s) within 3 working days after receiving confirmation of payment.
Shipping costs are for mainland destinations only.
|United States||$ 35.58|
|United Kingdom||$ 23.72|
|Rest of Europe||$ 23.72|
|Anywhere else||$ 35.58|
If you win more than one lot sold by the same seller in the same auction, your shipment will be combined. In this case, only the shipping costs of whichever lot has the highest shipping costs will be applied.
Question about this lot?