Works on steam - length 145 cm - Off. Tested under pressure by Stoomwezen - Weight 100 kg + collection only - the locomotive comes in a completely wooden, portable crate
|Packaging:||In original box|
|Railroad company:||British Rail|
Hand built 9cm/3.5 inch Track - British Railways BR "Britannia" Steam locomotive Made of brass, copper and metal + Drivers cab
This is a unique model of the world famous, British Steam locomotive Britannia. This model is a true replica of it.
Completely homemade and handmade. Each component is homemade and machined. Each element is recreated down to the finest detail of the original! On scale! The only part that was bought is the steam pressure gauge in the cab. The rest is all homemade! Construction of the locomotive took about 5 years.
- Track width: Approximately 9 cm / 3.5 inch wide.
- Weight of the locomotive with tender: Approximately 60 to 100 kg.
- Length: 145 cm.
- De Britannia Locomotive.
- The matching tender
- The brake cab also serving as driver’s cab.
- Showrails for both the locomotive as the brake cab.
- A perspex glass dome for the locomotive
- Wooden crating and carry case for the locomotive and tender.
- Accessories for the locomotive including spare parts.
- Certificate of the Stoomwezen.
- The official documents of the NS regarding the exhibition where this locomotive stood.
- The construction drawings.
- Additional documentation.
- The model is a unique piece, there is no second copy.
- I have had it in my possession for about 15 years.
- Still as new.
Was pressure tested one time by the Nederlandse Stoomwezen, in order to qualify for a certificate to ride it in public areas. (this type of machines can explode if not properly built, hence the certificate). The certificate is in my possession!
There is an original trailer wagon, on which the driver can sit from where he can bend over and operate the locomotive from the cab!
The locomotive comes in a completely wooden, portable crate! The basis on which it stands, on rails, is the bottom of the crate! It can be lifted by 2 or 3 men. Not on your own!
The model can not be shipped. The model can be bought by anyone in England, Belgium, Luxembourg, France or Germany. We are prepared to transport the model to the Hoek van Holland port and hand it over to an English buyer Buyer from other countries may collect the locomotive in the Netherlands by appointment. It will definitely not be shipped. Too much risk of damage.
The seller prefers the lot to be picked up
The seller prefers the lot to be picked up from Zeddam (Netherlands). Shipping is possible by arrangement only. Costs of shipping are at the buyer's expense.