Etching - Signed - 1930
|Artist:||Vif drukken van Riekele Prins (1905-1954)|
|Title of artwork:||Verschillende voorstellingen|
|Condition:||Overall in good condition with traces of ageing|
|Sold with frame:||Yes|
Five original etchings by Groningen artist Riekele Prins (1905-1954)- De Groninger Ploeg
1. 't Reitdiep at Roodehaan – etching, signed, etching ca. 46 x 27 cm, frame 63 x 44 cm, weight 2 kg.
2. Damsterdiep – etching, signed, etching ca. 28 x 20 cm, frame 41 x 35 cm, weight 1 kg.
3. Farm Glimmen – etching, not signed, etching 12 x 8 cm, frame 19 x 15.5 cm, weight 200 grams.
4. Winter scenery – etching, signed with initials, etching 12 x 8 cm, frame 19 x 15.5 cm, weight 200 grams.
5. Tree Helpman - echting signed with initials, etching 12 x 8 cm, frame 19 x 15.5 cm, weight 200 grams.
Signed, the works are in fairly good condition, yellowed, in original frame since 1970.
Riekele Prins (Kollumerzwaag 1905-1954 Bedum)
Prince (1905-1954) lived and worked in Bedum and later in Groningen as a painter, draughtsman and etcher. In 1933, he was given the opportunity to do a course in drawing in Groningen. He got gradually more successful, especially with his specialty: etching the vast landscape of Groningen. In 1950 Riekele joined the artists circle De Ploeg and in 1952 he won the cultural prize of Groningen. He excelled in the technique of the "dry needle", giving the print a velvety effect. Also in the ordinary etching he knew how to achieve remarkable results. He added a special three-dimensional effect to his landscapes. Sometimes Prins signed directly on the metal plate, but often he used a sketch formed preparation. With a fairly simple printing press the artist pressed his etchings with great care, often in very small editions.
The seller will ship the item(s) within 3 working days after receiving confirmation of payment.
Shipping costs are for mainland destinations only.
|Rest of Europe||$34.97|
If you win more than one lot sold by the same seller in the same auction, your shipment will be combined. In this case, only the shipping costs of whichever lot has the highest shipping costs will be applied.