very good condition, new mounting, pottery scroll-ends
- beautiful scroll handpainted on silk depicting one of the popular "FOUR CHINESE BEAUTIES" 四大美女
- Diao Chan 貂蟬 was a beautiful woman that contributed to the downfall of the tyrannic warlord Dong Zhuo 董卓 at the very end of the Later Han period 後漢 (25-220 CE). She is probably not a historical person but only figures in literature, where she is especially famous in the romance Sanguo yanyi 三國演義 "The Three Kingdoms". Diao is not a family name, so her identity remains unclear, and her name could also be written in one word, Diaochan. (more info see pictures)
- signed and sealed by the artist
- scroll was purchased in Japan
- some very slight foxing and wrinkles, see pictures
- scroll measures 61,8 x 170,5 cm / 24.3" x 67.1"
- scroll ends in nice pottery
- very nice mounting
- please see pictures as they form part of the description
- will be packed securely and send TR&TR , signing on delivery
|Member since:||July 8, 2015|
Absolutely first-class service, with updates sent almost daily and at every step! Item was exactly as described, very well packaged and very fast delivery. Cannot fault at all!
The seller will ship the item(s) within 3 working days after receiving confirmation of payment.
Shipping costs are for mainland destinations only.
|United States||$ 36.05|
|United Kingdom||$ 21.63|
|Rest of Europe||$ 30.04|
|Anywhere else||$ 36.05|
Save shipping costs
You can pick up this lot from the seller: Blankenberge (Vlaams Gewest), Belgium.
If you win more than one lot sold by the same seller in the same auction, your shipment will be combined. In this case, only the shipping costs of whichever lot has the highest shipping costs will be applied.
Question about this lot?