Good condition, see description
Handpainted scroll with calligraphy by Morohoshi Seisho (1870-?) 諸星成章 - 'Calligraphy, Matsu & Okina mask' - Japan - Meiji period (1868-1912)
- At auction an old scroll on silk as collaboration work from 'Matsu' signed 成章 (Seisho) and a calligraphy with Okina-mask signed & sealed by two other contemporary (maybe also famous?) artists
Signature and seal 成章 (Seisho).
- This signature stands for Moroboshi Seisho (諸星成章, 1870 - death unknown). Seisho was a painter of the famous Maruyama school and was taught to paint by Kawabata Gyokusho (川端玉章) and has served as a painting teacher at the Kawabata school of art. He has won a bronze medal on the Louisiana Purchase Exposition Expo in 1904.
- scroll ends in wood
- purchased in Japan
- measures: 53 x 170,7cm / 20.8"x 67.2"
- old original mounting with some wear, mostly on the back ( on the top of the mounting), see pictures
- painting has some slight spots regarding age but not disturbing, no wear or tear
- please see pictures as they form an important part of the description
- will be packed securely and send TR&TR , signing on delivery
|Member since:||July 8, 2015|
Absolutely first-class service, with updates sent almost daily and at every step! Item was exactly as described, very well packaged and very fast delivery. Cannot fault at all!
The seller will ship the item(s) within 3 working days after receiving confirmation of payment.
Shipping costs are for mainland destinations only.
|Rest of Europe||$24.65|
Save shipping costs
You can pick up this lot from the seller: Blankenberge (Vlaams Gewest), Belgium.
If you win more than one lot sold by the same seller in the same auction, your shipment will be combined. In this case, only the shipping costs of whichever lot has the highest shipping costs will be applied.
Question about this lot?