Can be picked up in: Italy - with Italian registration - 900 kilometres - Overall in good, restored condition
|Condition:||Overall in good, restored condition|
|Registration papers:||with Italian registration|
Engine: 1250 cc
Inspection valid until 2020
1953 - MG TD Mk II left-hand drive, fully restored with restoration booklet.
This wonderful TD is the last version with the headlights outside and it was built in only 1700 copies out of a total of 29,664 TDs, it is therefore the most sought after.
The copy at auction was imported in UK from the USA in 1990 and underwent a first restoration by the English owner, who kept it until 2014 when, due to age limits, decided to sell it. After the purchase I decided to carry out a complete restoration:
· Disassembly of the bodywork (removable parts), sandblasting, epoxy base and painting, sandblasting and powder coating of the wheel rims, new tonneau.
· Service of instruments, dashboard wood, electrical system, new switches and dashboard controls.
· Engine disassembly and major service, replacement of clutch and pressure plate, replacement of front brakes, complete overhaul of carburettors, new polished stainless steel silencer, linings and stuffing box, oil filters.
· Replacement of headlights (LHD tripod), all rubber seals, exterior mirror and various instrument switches.
· Electric fan assembly.
· New Michelin Vintage XZX tyres of the time.
All work is documented with photos and the relevant invoices. Now it is really neat and it doesn't require any further work; since the end of restoration I travelled about 800 km participating (successfully) in some brand rallies.
Car is registered at ASI and MG TD Register UK, certifying it has matching numbers.
IT CAN BE VIEWED IN CARPENEDOLO (BS)
This is a used vehicle. It is highly advisable to view the vehicle before bidding, to avoid disappointment afterwards. To arrange a viewing appointment or for more info, please contact Catawiki. Offers are excluding transport and export, unless otherwise indicated.
The seller prefers the lot to be picked up
The seller prefers the lot to be picked up from Carpenedolo (Italy). Shipping is possible by arrangement only. Costs of shipping are at the buyer's expense.
You can estimate shipping costs for this item.
Question about this lot?