Autograph albums, Commemorative editions, Curio & ephemera, Illustrated, Literature, Manuscripts - Quantity: 1 - Hand coloured illustrations, Signed by author
|Object:||Manuscript (More lots)|
|Number of Books:||1|
|Subject:||Autograph albums, Commemorative editions, Curio & ephemera, Illustrated, Literature, Manuscripts|
|Author/ Illustrator:||Vari autori e personaggi celebri Siciliani|
|Book Title:||Liber Amicorum illustrato (chine, acquerelli, poesie)|
|Publication year oldest item:||1891|
|Publication year youngest item:||1900|
|Extras:||Hand coloured illustrations, Signed by author|
Beautiful Liber Amicorum made in Sicily.
In the manuscript, consisting of 64 pages, there are illustrations of exquisite workmanship, a wonderful ink as well as thoughts and poems by various characters.
The majority of the autographs was compiled in Catania, all in the late 19th century.
Worthy of note is the incredible binding in excellent condition; on the front there is an elaborate Ouroboros with gold and precious floral embroidery, on the back plate placed in silver and floral embroidery.
All four decorated studs and one clip (of two) are present.
The endpapers are made of silk-effect fine white paper with some subsequent restorations.
Overall well preserved.
Details of the materials:
- A Giuffrida 2 geometric poems
- D. G Castro poem with beautiful designs and ornaments, dated " Catania Gennaio 1891 "
- Poem by Gaetano Graziano dated " Catania 20 Gennaio 1891 "
- Riccardo Errante " Catania 18 Aprile 1891 "
- Sketched woman’s face
- Ink by A.Torres depicting a maritime scene, dated " Catania 28/11/1891
- Poem by Dottor Pilli, depicting a beautiful watercolour
- Poem by Santina Castro with a bouquet of dried flowers, dated " Catania Marzo 1891"
- Drawing by Antonietta Castro depicting flowers and butterflies, dated " Catania - Aprile 1891 "
- Giulia Castro Poem by Aleardo Aleardi (posthumous) with floral designs " Catania 1891 "
- Poem with abstract drawing, undated but 1891
- Sketch of floral ornament
- Handwritten poem and drawing of the famous Sicilian General Nicola Tancredi Cartella " Catania 15/05/1891
- Poem and watercolour drawing by the Lieutenant of the 70th infantry regiment Gerolamo Zambelli. "Catania 20 Maggio 1891 "
- Poems by Lieutenant Ugo Stefani and his wife Marie. "Catania 20 Maggio 1891 "
- Poem by Francesco Torresi Reyna from the volume "Ultime Foglie".
Redacted in Catania on 11 July 1891
- Poem with edelweiss sprig by Elba Stefani. 23 August 1891
- Poem " Scena Palermitana " by Riccardo Oliveri redacted on 5 March 1892
- Poem by Fedele Giuffrida dated 28/06/1891
- Poem by G. Oliveri " Lontano dai Parenti" undated but 1891-1892
- Poem by A. Giuffrida de Maria " Catania metà Luglio "
- Poem with drawing by A. Giuffrida undated.
- Poem by G. Ferlito " Patania 5 January 1894
- Pencil drawing signed V. Gavaruzzi and dated 10/3/1900, tribute to Signorina Vianelli
Size: 32 x 23.5 cm
Verbantiqua pro top
|Feedback score (12 months):||100%|
|Reviews given (Lifetime):||227|
|Member since:||March 24, 2017|
En very good condition like I expected shipping on time 10/10
Document in very good condition. Safely packed. It arrived very fast. Perfect transaction.
Sauber und gut verpackt
Please note: some elements on this page have been translated automatically.I strongly suggest you to change the delivery company. I feel quite lucky having received the item, since the carrier left the package outdoor, placed on a low wall next to my door.Please note: some elements on this page have been translated automatically.Our delivery companies are GLS and DHL. We can only respond to our work, which is, as you can see from the feedbacks left by hundreds of satisfied Clients, at the top. Your feedback is unjustified as it affects our company due to the negligence of a single carrier.
GLS, as many other carriers, has removed the obligation to sign the delivery. This does not mean that they have to behave as they did with you. If, however, unfortunately happens, it is certainly not our fault. What we can do, and what we will do, is to report the incident to the GLS headquarters in your area.
Feedback is a very effective and powerful tool, but as such it should be used with intelligence and discernment. Leave a neutral feedback because a transporter, who is not part of our company, has made a mistake, it's like making a bad review to a restaurant because you did not find a parking space nearby.
Ultra-fast delivery - thank you!
Consegna molto veloce, grazie mille!
The order was received in good time and order with the contents as they were described. A happy customer here.
The seller will ship the item(s) within 3 working days after receiving confirmation of payment.
Shipping costs are for mainland destinations only.
|Rest of Europe||$29.15|
Save shipping costs
You can pick up this lot from the seller: Scarperia e San Piero (Fi), Italy.
If you win more than one lot sold by the same seller in the same auction, your shipment will be combined. In this case, only the shipping costs of whichever lot has the highest shipping costs will be applied.