Some flaws, signs of wear and tear
You are bidding on a
mixed lot of old votive offerings,
made from a mixture of tin, other materials, or even other silver-plated metals (hard-wearing finish).
1. Beautiful, old silver-plated tin of God the Father, total height 10.0 cm, gpm hallmark on the back, very beautiful silver plating
2. Double heart, width 14.5 cm, height 12 cm, silver-plated, worn, silver-plated for a 2nd time, matte
3. Heart 11.5 cm, good silver-plating but with a light dent
4. Heart carved from horn, height 6.0 cm with chain
5. Silver-plated tin guardian angel, total height 5.5 cm, gpm hallmark on the back, very beautiful silver plating
6. Silver-plated metal heart, hallmark on the back, height 6.0 cm
7. Silver-plated metal horse, width 14.5 cm
8. Silver-plated tin boy, matte, 12.5 cm tall, slightly porous especially on the back
9. Goat, length 7.5 cm, half matte, silver-plated
10. Silver-plated double heart, a bit rough, 6.0 x 6.0 cm
There are a number of minor irregularities; the front has been re-silver-plated on occasion (matte), possible loss of silver.
The back side is often matte, rough.
These items are between 3 and 30 years old.
Votive offerings are a token of gratitude, an expression of thanksgiving for salvation in an hour of need, brought to a sacred place in accordance with a solemnly declared pledge (‘ex voto’). The cause for the vow could be catastrophes, illness, floods, accidents or wars. Even prehistoric man and people in ancient times were familiar with this practice and brought votive offerings to sacred places. Votive offerings and votive pictures (paintings or reverse-glass paintings that depict saints or scenes from life) have existed for a long time in Christianity. The old votive offerings, made of metal, silver, gold, brass, copper or silver-plated tin, were often richly decorated with stones and grandiose details (depending on the giver’s wealth) and were made before 1900. They are still traditional today.
Catawiki member since July 8, 2015, received 38 reviews in total (5 in last 12 months)
everything perfect, delivery, packaging and product, love it.
Please note: some elements on this page have been translated automatically.I had to give you my appreciation for you, when I opened the package I was impressed by the care he had. The artwork is really beautiful, even more than the pictures, even though they were very detail
The seller will ship the item(s) within 3 working days after receiving confirmation of payment.
Shipping costs are for mainland destinations only.
Any other costs or charges such as customs or import duties, customs clearance and handling may also apply during the shipment of your lot and will be charged to you by the involved party at a later stage if applicable.
|Rest of Europe||$34.90|
Save shipping costs
You can pick up this lot from the seller: München (BY), Germany.