|Object:||Commode (More lots)|
|Estimated Period:||First half 18th century|
|Country of Origin:||Germany|
|Condition:||Fair condition - heavily used & with possibly minor parts missing|
Southern German Baroque walnut commode and other fine woods, from ca. 1730.
Cambered, intarsia on all sides, ribbon work and sage veneer
HBT: 81x110x60 cm
TYPE OF WOOD:
Walnut-veneered pinewood, with various precious woods
Four depressed ball feet, above a square curved body, recessed in the middle, with bevelled corners and three drawers, the top is slightly protruding
Overall, in good condition with signs of age and restoration marks.
- No stress cracks in the body
- Clean and odour-free
- Only a few old worm holes (no active worm infestation)
- Drawers open and close smoothly, the bottom of the two upper drawers is protected inside by decorated paper inserts
- The lowest drawer was added as part of an old restoration
- Middle handle on the left side is missing a screw
- Handle for the bottom drawer is missing
- The rear left foot is loose but not broken off -> can be glued
- Foot frame with old wormholes (no active infestation)
- No key to top drawer
- Locks work, but are sometimes stiff and the bolt cannot ‘open’ the latch
- Rather inconspicuous traces of restoration
- Right side of the chest of drawers footer is missing a piece of veneer 1x1 cm
- Small partly mended crack on the side traverse
- Footrest on the right side is missing a 3 x 3 cm piece
The seller will ship the item(s) within 3 working days after receiving confirmation of payment.
Shipping costs are for mainland destinations only.
Any other costs or charges such as customs or import duties, customs clearance and handling may also apply during the shipment of your lot and will be charged to you by the involved party at a later stage if applicable.
|Rest of Europe||$902.80|
Save shipping costs
You can pick up this lot from the seller: Karith, Germany.
If you win more than one lot sold by the same seller in the same auction, your shipment will be combined. In this case, only the shipping costs of whichever lot has the highest shipping costs will be applied.