Can be picked up in: U.K. - with British registration - 40359 km - 2 - Very good condition, minimal signs of wear and tear
|Brand:||Volkswagen (More lots)|
|Model Type:||T1 Kombi|
|Registration papers:||with British registration|
|Condition:||2 - Very good condition, minimal signs of wear and tear|
The bus was built in Western Germany in July 1959 and spent a sheltered life in Arequipa, Peru with the very dry climate the bodywork is all original and rust free. In 2017 it was finally imported to UK and for close to two years it has undergone a full cosmetic and mechanical restoration of over £22,000 documented costs. We have renovated the bus to keep it as original as possible but is could be converted to a campervan if desired.
1) Full strip down and sand of complete shell inside and out.
2) Replace all window frames and Rubber seals.
3) Full service of engine.
4) All new suspensions and shocks.
5) Complete custom interior and roof lining.
6) All new loom, electrics and gauges.
7) New heat exchangers and restored cable mechanism.
8) All new chrome Brightworks keys ignition window catches
9) All brakes restored
10) All seats have been rebuilt frames restored.
11) Front under side and pedal brackets re-fabricated and bumper brackets.
12) New bumpers.
Included in sale is full set of original door-handles with correct markings. Everything works as it should.
This Kombi is an early-split with very low mileage, restored to factory specification but with little extras such as a 1500cc engine and 12 volts for extra reliability.
At the end of the renovation the bus passed the MOT test although it is MOT and Tax exempt.
The engine sounds perfect starting perfectly every time and drives very well for a 60 year old vehicle.
Although there is no service record we do have a letter from the previous owner for most of the vehicles life in Peru.
The current UK registeration is 669 XVF
Catawiki member since October 29, 2016, received 0 reviews in total (0 in last 12 months)
The seller prefers the lot to be picked up
The seller prefers the lot to be picked up from Chard (United Kingdom). Shipping is possible by arrangement only. Costs of shipping are at the buyer's expense.
You can estimate shipping costs for this item.